Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lynchburg smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete control of your Lynchburg home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and explore recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lynchburg do for you?
Wirelessly linking to devices via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can execute:
- View current or saved video streams from all linked cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lynchburg by setting schedules or initiating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lynchburg
Although various users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote access, tap email or phone and enter the info to send an request.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, go to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lynchburg security system. Call (434) 300-3689 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.