What should I do when my Lynchburg home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your loved ones – against the various risks you could face, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home might be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Lynchburg home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is often startling, disorienting, and could provoke panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and follow these easy tips.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Lynchburg Sounds
It’s a situation nobody wishes to be in, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blasting of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. Now what are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency yourself instead let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Protect your family members. Your main focus should be your family and moving them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might involve proceeding to an appointed safe room as far away from entry points as possible. Chances are your alarm immediately scared off the intruder, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, please vacate your house right away.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. Nowadays, most people have their cell phones constantly with them, but you might fail to take it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and obtain updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Team
The moment your home alarm system in Lynchburg goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will spring to action. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by depends on the sort of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is triggered, a single attempt will be made to contact you before first responders are dispatched. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you through the central command panel. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or your first contact person is called next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again once authorities are notified.
If you're not in a position to converse with monitoring staff, don't worry. Support will still be deployed even when you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Lynchburg
Get prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Lynchburg from Vivint. Contact (434) 300-3689 to begin designing your property’s defense today.